How much is cotton per acre?
The average cotton farmer, according to Cooke, has out-of-pocket costs of around $485 per acre. Even with yields of 800 pounds per acre, it's costing the average farmer 60 cents to produce 1 pound of cotton.
Is Cotton Still Profitable?
Cotton has been Profitable for us, we can average 500 to 600 pounds per acre yields And yields have gone as high as 800 to 900 pounds.”
How much money does a cotton farmer make?
Salary Ranges for Cotton Farmers The salaries of Cotton Farmers in the US range from $33,110 to $113,140 , with a median salary of $64,170 . The middle 60% of Cotton Farmers makes $64,170, with the top 80% making $113,140.
What is the average weight of a cotton bale?
How many times can cotton be harvested?
The plant keeps producing until it just can't anymore and is harvested 3-4 times a week depending on the weather. Edit: to actually answer your question. Cotton is mostly plant the seed in the spring, harvest in the fall. One seed a year, usually no replanted until the next season.
How much does a round cotton bale cost?
In general terms, cotton costs about 75 cents per pound, or $360 for a standard sized bale.
How much is a bale of hay worth?
Small square bales averaged $4.
How many pounds of cotton are in a round bale?
Bale Size. Average net bale weight is 495 lbs. (for statistical purposes average bale weight is 480 lbs.) Length, in.
How heavy is a 4x5 round bale?
|Bale Size (ft)||Est. Bale Weight 2 (lb)||Bale Weight After Storage Loss3 (lb)|
How much does a large round bale of hay sell for?
Hay bales by the ton.
|Hay grade||Bale type||Min. price/ ton|
|Grade 1||Small square||$160|
How much do large round bales of hay cost?
Large round bales of hay are selling for $75 to $90 per ton higher than a year ago, McGill says. Specifically, alfalfa-grade hay bales are priced between $140 and $165 per ton, while grass, midquality hay bales are selling for $125 to $150 per ton.
How long will a round bale last 1 horse?
about 8-10 days
Is it OK to feed a horse once a day?
Generally, most horses do well grazing on high-quality grass pastures and hay and don't need grain. ... However, feeding a horse once a day is acceptable if done correctly. If you feed your horse once a day, make sure that they can't finish their food in less than 12 to 14 hours.
How many bales of hay do horses eat a month?
How many bales is a lot for a round baler?
Most round balers can easily get 6 or 7000 bales before breaking even one belt, and most round balers can put through at least 30,000 bales before needing complete belt replacement.
What is the best round baler on the market?
What is the best round baler for your farm?
- John Deere 459 Round Baler.
- John Deere 469 Round Baler.
- John Deere 559 Round Baler.
- John Deere 569 Round Baler.
- John Deere 569 Silage Special Baler.
- John Deere 854 Silage Baler.
- John Deere 569 Premium Round Baler.
- John Deere 469 Premium Round Baler.
What is the fastest round baler?
Last year John Deere announced that one of its new 900-series round balers – the 960 – had romped through a field of straw at a rate of 127 bales/hour, setting, in the process, a new world record.
How much horsepower is needed for a round baler?
If you are buying a baler first, keep horsepower requirements in mind when pairing with a tractor. PTO horsepower requirements for round balers start at 30 hp and can run up to 120 hp.
- Why is fertilizer prices so high?
- What fruit tree makes the most money?
- How do grain markets work?
- What is the biggest barge in the world?
- How many onions is 1 kg?
- What is a group of cows called?
- Can I grow a mango tree in Georgia?
- How much does it cost to plant 1 acre of hemp?
- How many soybean seeds should I plant?
- Is rice straw good for animals?
You will be interested
- How many people die a year from hay bales?
- How much does nitrogen fertilizer cost?
- Who is the largest producer of pesticides?
- Who buys American soybeans?
- Does vinegar kill weeds permanently?
- What is the composition of 10/26 26 fertilizer?
- Can I buy corn futures?
- Will ladybugs eat russet mites?
- Can I plant my corn now?
- What should not be kept in a pesticide storage area?