Who does Bunge sell to?
Why are pants called duds?
Dud, the Oxford English Dictionary tells us, was originally dudde, a word "of uncertain origin." When it entered the language in 1300 it meant "a rough cloak" or "mantle." By the middle of the 16th century, it was appearing as a plural, duds, with the sense of "ragged clothing" — not without some shady overtones: One ...
Are strides pants?
Females didn't often wear long pants but if they did they would be more likely called 'slacks' or 'trousers' but strides could also refer to women's 'undies'. ... Contributor's comments: Strides were usually 'long pants' (as opposed to 'short pants') and used as in "I have to change my strides before we can go out".
Why are clothes called duds?
The term descends from the Middle English dudde, originally meaning worn-out or ragged clothing, and is a cognate of duds (i.e., "clothing") and dowdy. Eventually dud became a general pejorative for something useless, including ammunition. The variation absolute dud describes a nuclear weapon that fails to explode.
What does it mean to call someone a dud?
Something that doesn't work the way it's supposed to is a dud. A bomb or firework that doesn't explode is one kind of dud. ... You can also refer to a person as a dud, if he's an utter failure or a complete flop: "The lead actor was a total dud.
What does FUD mean?
: an old-fashioned, unimaginative, or pompous person : fuddy-duddy … he thinks the old man is a plodder—a fud who never had the nerve to go anywhere or do anything.—
Can grenades dud?
“Can a grenade misfire or be a dud?” The answer is still yes. Any one of the components can fail. although the whole sequence is relatively simple, and they seldom do fail.
What does when D mean?
contraction of when did:When'd that happen?
What does DS stand for in slang?
What does SMH mean in text?
Shaking my head
Is SMH an insult?
What does SMH mean? Standing for shaking my head, SMH is an internet slang initialism variously used to convey disappointment, disapproval, frustration, or impatience.
What does XD mean in Roblox?
someone is laughing
What does AFK mean sexually?
6. AFK – Away from keyboard. 7. ASL – Age/sex/location. 8.
What does XD mean in Adopt Me?
It means you already have roblox open and you're trying to run the program while it's still open.
What does LMAO mean in Roblox?
LMAO is an acronym that stands for Laughing My Ass Off.
- How much Grazon do I need for 25 gallons of water?
- When was the last time someone jumped off the Mackinac Bridge?
- What is the fastest growing climbing plant?
- How do you hunt in a group?
- What happened to Sunoco Logistics Partners LP?
- Does Rice cover full tuition?
- Is Vitamin D good for kidney disease?
- Which is better latex or nitrile gloves?
- What is the coldest month of the year in Missouri?
- Can a sprinkler system leak when off?
You will be interested
- What vegetables are native to Virginia?
- Is Iraq a 3rd world country?
- Can a hurricane hit Ohio?
- What caused flooding in November 2019?
- How do you fill raised beds cheap?
- Why are levees bad?
- What does Galleon mean?
- What is the best fertilizer for orchids?
- What is the agriculture cluster?
- What's the difference between holiday and holidays?