How often should cows be wormed?
In areas where cattle are dewormed, it is recommended to treat cattle one or two times a year and calves at weaning. It has now been determined that if nursing calves are also dewormed they will have an increased weaning weight. Treating cows regularly for parasites will increase milk production.
What is the best wormer for cattle?
When should you vaccinate for blackleg in cattle?
Up until 3 to 4 months of age, calves are protected if they absorbed adequate colostrum from their dams within a few hours after birth. However, when they are 3 to 4 months old, they become susceptible to the disease, so all calves should be vaccinated for blackleg by 4 months of age.
What can I plant in pasture for cattle?
Most cattle pastures are a mix of legumes and grasses, but what mix and seeds are best for your cattle? If hay is a concern, Ladino clover (white) or red clover are good choices. Alfalfa is also a good choice if hay is your key concern.
What to plant for cattle grazing?
Winter legumes such as crimson clover, hairy vetch, and winter peas can provide high quality forage for grazing. Legumes provide the additional benefit of nitrogen fixation. Brassicas, such as turnips, are high quality, deep rooted and grow in dry conditions.
Is Timothy Hay good for cattle?
Timothy hay is recommended by many experts due to its ease on various animal's digestive system as well as promotion of bowel regularity. Additionally, there have been scientific studies done that show Timothy hay is an ideal feed for pregnant or lactating cows.
- Do wheat seeds die before growing?
- Where is the best place to see Texas wildflowers?
- Can you clean out drain tile?
- What is the tuition for University of Illinois?
- Are wasp good for anything?
- What is the root word of languish?
- What if my car is worth more than the residual value?
- What are you thankful for quotes Thanksgiving?
- What is Canada's largest import?
- Does Popeyes Cajun rice have pork in it?
You will be interested
- How much land do you need for a small holding?
- Can you hunt on your own land in California?
- How do you control love grass?
- What is an example of nuance?
- How can you tell if cotton is organic?
- Why is my crawfish GREY?
- How can you change your heart?
- Does bindweed kill other plants?
- Are scentless plant bugs harmful?
- Why is timber bad?