Can indeterminate tomatoes be grown in containers?
In general, determinate tomatoes tend to do better in pots, so look for those. It's also possible to grow indeterminate tomatoes in containers, of course, as long as you provide enough support and soil volume.
How deep should a container be for indeterminate tomatoes?
12 to 18 inches
Why do leaves on tomato plant turn yellow?
There are many reasons why a tomato plant's leaves turn yellow. Under-watering and over-watering can both cause yellowing leaves, as well as nitrogen deficiencies in the soil, a lack of sunlight on the bottom leaves, or a possible disease (which tomatoes have plenty of).
What is the best container to grow tomatoes?
Don't be shy with container size, and choose a fabric pot over a plastic pot. When it comes to tomatoes, the bigger the pot, the better. Determinate varieties should be planted in 10-gallon containers at a minimum, while indeterminate varieties need, at the very least, 20-gallon containers to thrive.
Why are the bottom leaves of my tomato plants dying?
Fungal infections are the most likely culprits if your tomato plants have lower leaves that are beginning to wilt and die. ... Possible fungal infections include Fusarium wilt, early blight, late blight or Septoria leaf spot. Although these each present with different symptoms, all tend to affect the lower leaves first.
What happens if you cut the top off of a tomato plant?
Called “topping,” this type of pruning causes the plant to stop flowering and setting new fruit, and instead directs all sugars to the remaining fruit. This way, the fruit will ripen faster, plus it becomes more likely that the green tomatoes you pick before frost will actually ripen when you bring them indoors.
Can you cut a tomato in half and plant it?
You can use romas, beefsteaks, or even cherry tomatoes when planting tomato slices. To begin, fill a pot or container with potting soil, almost to the top of the container. ... Lay the tomato slices cut sides down in a circle around the pot, and lightly cover them with more potting soil. Don't put too many slices in.
- Why my guava tree is not fruiting?
- What is an example of nuance?
- How much did the US end up paying for the Louisiana Purchase?
- How much land do you need for a small holding?
- What plant sleeps at night?
- What is the green stuff sprayed on my lawn?
- What insects are bad for plants?
- Can you dissolve slow release fertilizer?
- How much US wheat is exported?
- How do you control love grass?
You will be interested
- Can you buy beer on Sunday in Iowa?
- What is the Chinese Super Server?
- What is the most common flood?
- What does pioneering mean?
- How does field drainage tile work?
- Which crop is best in December?
- What does orchid stem rot look like?
- Does crimson clover grow back every year?
- Is chums part of cotton traders?
- How far will 4 Litres of diesel get me?