Why are soybeans planted after corn?
Soybeans are traditionally planted after corn nationwide, primarily because of risk. Corn costs more to plant and needs time to take advantage of higher-yielding, long-season hybrids. Soybeans are more forgiving than corn and have a better chance to produce a crop if planted well into June or July.
How many soybeans should you plant per acre?
To maximize yields in most environments growers should have no less than 100,000 uniformly standing plants per acre in 7.
Do soybeans need potash?
Soybeans require potash and plenty of it and remove more than corn. A 200-bushel corn crop will remove 50 lbs. of potassium per acre, while an equivalent 70-bushel bean crop will remove 84 lbs. ... No-till and minimum tillage methods, as well as compaction, can limit root growth and access to potassium.
Do deer eat soybeans in the winter?
Yes, deer eat soy beans as long as they can. Even in January when the beans are cold and hard. ... That is why some think deer won't eat soybeans when they turn yellow, but it is only because of the deer having acorns to eat at this time.
Do Whitetails like soybeans?
Deer really like soybeans. Don't expect to be able to plant a couple 1-acre fields and produce abundant forage all summer and have standing beans to hunt over during winter. ... Resistance to grazing pressure in the early stages of plant growth is a real limitation for soybeans.
- How do I get rid of grain months?
- What does a corn earworm moth look like?
- What is the most dangerous Great Lake?
- Can you fertilize unfertilized eggs in Ark?
- What are high yielding crops?
- What are the advantages of farm machinery?
- What happens if you eat pork with ASF?
- What is full-fat soybean meal?
- What are the longest flowering perennials?
- How long will it take for all the cesium-137 to decay into barium-137?
You will be interested
- What Animals Can Usain Bolt outrun?
- How do you cover crops?
- Is Dow Chemical a good company?
- How much did a loaf of bread cost in the 1930s?
- How do you get rid of borer worms?
- Where is the best place to live in Oklahoma City?
- What are the 5 most important laws?
- How much does it cost to be an ItWorks distributor?
- Who is responsible for river dredging?
- Which animal can lay eggs?