How much do cotton seeds cost?
Just for reference, you can buy conventional cotton planting seed for around $90 per 50 pound bag which usually has around 220 to 230K seed in a bag. Even if you plant heavy your per acre cost should still be under $25 per acre.
What does cotton seed hulls do for cattle?
Cottonseed hulls are very low in crude protein, phosphorus and calcium. They are highly palatable to cattle and have been shown to stimulate intake in young cattle fed grain-based diets. ... Cotton- seed hulls should not exceed more than 50 percent of the diet when fed to brood cows.
Is cottonseed good for goats?
The nutritional values and physical characteristics of cottonseed, cottonseed meal and cottonseed hulls make them desirable feeds for cattle sheep and goats. However, all contain gossypol, a naturally occurring toxin produced by the cotton plant.
Can horses eat cottonseed meal?
However, because it is lower in the amino acid lysine, cottonseed meal does not promote the same growth rates in horses as higher quality protein supplements such as soybean meal. Unprocessed cottonseed or cottonseed hulls are not commonly fed to horses.
What is a cotton seed called?
Cotton seeds are the seeds of the cotton plant. Cotton seeds are ovoid, 3.
- What are the two main type of drip irrigation?
- What is deficiency mean?
- How long will Flour last in a 5 gallon bucket?
- What has replaced diazinon?
- How many employees does Arrow Electronics have?
- Should you kill June bugs?
- Does Wolff Kishner reduce alcohols?
- Is water from boiled eggs good for plants?
- What is a general use pesticide?
- Why is gypsum so soft?
You will be interested
- What does Rice look like when ready?
- What is the name of the newest tropical storm?
- How long is a State Farm check good for?
- How do you kill Johnson grass without killing grass?
- Did the Wright brothers really fly first?
- Is insect killer spray dangerous?
- What do they call turkey in Turkey?
- How much does it cost to fertilize an acre of soybeans?
- How do you keep bugs out of corn?
- Should I report rental car damage?