How much land do you need to sustain a family of 4?
They estimate that to feed a family of four strictly on a home-grown diet of vegetables, you'd need 1.
How much land do you need to feed a family of 4 a year?
According to the company's research, a family of four that eats meat, dairy and eggs would need around two acres of land to feed themselves for a year.
How many tomatoes can I put in a 5 gallon bucket?
What is the secret to growing tomatoes?
Tomatoes need to be planted deep in the soil. The practice of deep planting accomplishes two key things for tomato plants. Planting tomatoes deep in the soil helps plants develop additional roots to absorb more nutrients and moisture. For one, it helps protect them from the perils of Mother Nature.
What month do you plant peppers?
Peppers grow best in warm weather. Plant them only when all danger of cold weather has passed. Plant fall peppers 12 to 16 weeks before the first expected frost. Make the transplant holes 3 to 4 inches deep and about 1½ feet apart in the row.
How can I make my tomato plants grow faster?
Garden favorites, tomato plants (Lycopersicon spp.) are fast growing and produce high yields of fruits. In order to support their rapid growth and development, tomato plants need a steady supply of food, which they glean from soil nutrients and well-timed applications of fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- Does Geothermal cool your house?
- What foods are highest in phosphorus?
- How long does it take for a wheat seed to sprout?
- Is Nebraska good for farming?
- How often do you treat powdery mildew with vinegar?
- What happens if you plant too close together?
- What are the top 3 industries in Pennsylvania?
- What causes potassium to drop?
- Who caused the flood of 93?
- What are the 4 causes of harvest loss?
You will be interested
- When should I cut my winter rye cover crop?
- What is good moisture for wheat?
- Will Almond prices drop?
- How tall is one ring on a grain bin?
- Is sorghum OK for dogs?
- How much does Liberty Link cost?
- Why are boll weevils bad?
- Does walking help pass kidney stones?
- What were the positive effects of the agricultural revolution?
- Does soapy water kill Japanese beetles?