Is still a ways off?
It can mean distant in time or distant in location. "Standing a ways off" is a common phrase in AE, for example, to mean that the person was standing a short distance away, close enough to see but far enough away to make conversation difficult or impossible.
How do you write way to go?
Save This Word! Well done, as in That was a great lecture—way to go! This exclamation of approval and encouragement originated in sports, addressed to athletes who are performing well.
What does many more to come mean?
It means that whatever happened during that 400 years, will continue to happen for many more years.
What's another way to say way to go?
What is another word for way to go?
|good for you||there you go|
|good on you||great job|
|awesome work||good work|
|great work||take a bow|
Is Way to go a compliment?
informal An expression of praise for having done something well. (It can also be used sarcastically to mean the opposite.)
How do you say well done?
21 ways to say “well done”
- I'm proud you're on my team.
- Congratulations on a terrific job.
- You're so helpful. Thank you.
- You continually improve. Well done.
- Thanks so much for your consistent effort.
- I really admire your perseverance.
- Your cheerful mood lifts the team's spirit.
- You're a champion.
How do you praise someone?
75 Compliments to Use When You Want to Say Something Nice
- 1 Your positivity is infectious.
- 2 You should be so proud of yourself.
- 3 You're amazing!
- 4 You're a true gift to the people in your life.
- 5 You're an incredible friend.
- 6 I really appreciate everything that you do.
- 7 You inspire me to be a better person.
Is Way to go a sentence?
We've got a long way to go . Web page design is not generally the best way to go . We have a long way to go .
Did I use a comma correctly?
2. Use a comma after a dependent clause that starts a sentence. A dependent clause is a grammatical unit that contains both subject and verb but cannot stand on its own, like "When I went running ..." ... If a dependent clause ends the sentence, however, it no longer requires a comma.
What way do you start the day?
Below you'll find nine morning habits to start the day right.
- Wake Up Early. Early risers reap many benefits. ...
- Smile and Think Something Positive. As soon as you wake up, smile. ...
- Make Your Bed. ...
- Brush Your Teeth and Scrape Your Tongue. ...
- Drink Warm Water With Lemon. ...
- Do a Stretching Routine. ...
- Meditate. ...
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast.
What does long way to go mean?
: much more to do We've accomplished a lot, but we still have a long way to go.
What do you reply to a long way to go?
“Way to go” is a colloquial form of “Congratulations!” The appropriate reply is to thank them. Since it's an informal phrasing, “Thanks” is sufficient, though if you want to give it a little oomph, you can choose to say “Thank you” or even “Thanks very much!”
Will go a long way sentence?
4) She seems to make her money go a long way. 5) We had to go a long way before we found a telephone box. 6) Your contributions will go a long way towards helping children in need . 7) The money raised will go a long way towards providing essential food and medicine.
Who said a little goes a long way?
What does it mean when we say a little bit of logic can go a long way?
We use the expression a little goes a long way to describe situations when just a little bit of something can have a big effect. For example, investing a small amount of money in the right place can give you a lot of potential money in the future.
What does it mean a little bit of logic can go a long way?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englisha little (of something) goes a long waya little (of something) goes a long wayspoken used to say that only a small amount of something is needed or has a great effect A little kindness goes a long way.
Can go a long way synonyms?
verbsuffice or be adequate for a while or to a certain extent
How do you say go a long way?
Synonyms for Goes a long way
- contributes greatly.
- makes a significant contribution.
- contributes significantly.
- greatly contributes.
- makes a major contribution.
- makes an important contribution.
- work miracles.
- contribute greatly.
What is another name for a very long wave?
In radio, longwave, long wave or long-wave, and commonly abbreviated LW, refers to parts of the radio spectrum with wavelengths longer than what was originally called the medium-wave broadcasting band.
What is another word for a long way?
•Other relevant words: (adjective) meandering, ambagious, winding around, long way around.
How do you describe a long time?
Long-time Synonyms - WordHippo Thesaurus....What is another word for long-time?
Will come a long way?
If you say that someone or something has come a long way, you mean that they have developed, progressed, or become very successful.
How do you say because without saying because?
11 substitutes for because and because of
- As and since. These conjunctions are used when the reason is already known to the reader or when it is not the most important part of the sentence. ...
- As a result of. As a result of is a substitute for â€˜because ofâ€™. ...
- As long as. ...
- Due to. ...
- For. ...
- Inasmuch as. ...
- In view of the fact that. ...
- Now that.
What to say instead of is about?
What is another word for is about?
|be part of||be pertinent|
|be appropriate||be of importance to|
|be the business of||be important to|
|be of interest to||discuss|
What can I say instead of just because?
What is another word for just because?
|for fun||for no good reason|
|for no particular reason||for no reason in particular|
|for the hell of it||for the sake of it|
|no reason||without cause|
- What is the biggest industry in Minnesota?
- Are there bed bugs in Italy?
- What country produces the best pistachios?
- Are there any descendants of Sitting Bull?
- What is chaff good for?
- What taxes do Owner Operators pay?
- What country has most expensive gas?
- How much is a ranch in Florida?
- Are natural PGRs safe?
- Will the oilfield pick back up in 2021?
You will be interested
- How do you move in besiege?
- Can you kill two turkeys a day in Tennessee?
- Does dog poop keep coyotes away?
- Which refined oil brand is best?
- What is the most useful tree in the world?
- Does Lake Anna Virginia have alligators?
- Why is dredging so expensive?
- What were peanuts originally called?
- How did Hurricane Joaquin affect the Bahamas?
- How far does a .22 bullet travel?