What is crops in simple words?
Crops are living plants grown by farmers. Most crops are foods such as grain, vegetables, or fruit. Some crops are for drugs, such as quinine, or fibers such as cotton, or other materials such as rubber or wood. Farms are usually made to grow just one kind of crop. ... Growing crops is a part of agriculture.
What was free crop?
A plant which is cultivated in a large amount is called a crop. These are grown on a large scale and are sold commercially. Most crops are harvested for food to humans and livestock. It is also planted for the domestic purpose of consumption.
What are Rabi crops?
The Rabi means, when the crop is harvested. Crops that are grown in the winter season, from November to April are called Rabi Crops. Some of the important rabi crops are wheat, barley, peas, gram and mustard.
Is Sugarcane a food crop?
A sugarcane crop is sensitive to climate, soil type, irrigation, fertilizers, insects, disease control, varieties, and the harvest period. ... Sugarcane is a cash crop, but it is also used as livestock fodder.
Is Sugarcane a Zaid crops?
Answer: Rice, Jowar, Bajra, Maize, Cotton, Groundnut, Jute, Sugarcane, Turmeric, Pulses (like Urad Dal) etc. Rabi Crops : Rabi Crops sown in October-November. ... Zaid Crops : Zaid Crops grown between March-June between Rabi and Kharif crop seasons.
What are the examples of Zaid crop?
- Bitter gourd.
- Fodder crops.
Is cucumber a rabi crop?
Cucumber is Zaid rabi crop which is sown in February-March and harvested in April-May.
Which type of crop is vegetable?
The head, or flower, vegetables include artichokes, broccoli, and cauliflower. The fruits commonly considered vegetables by virtue of their use include cucumbers, eggplant, okra, sweet corn, squash, peppers, and tomatoes. Seed vegetables are usually legumes, such as peas and beans.
Is mustard a rabi crop?
Some example of Rabi crops are wheat ,gram ,pea ,mustard and linseed.
Which is a commercial crop?
Crops giving comparatively better returns to farmers are known as commercial crops. Examples are cotton, sugarcane, jute, ramie etc. The produce of such crops is procured by factories for processing.
What crops are grown in commercial farming?
Examples of Commercial Farming
- Tobacco Farming. Tobacco is commercially farmed in semi-arid and rain-fed areas, where alternative crops and economically unviable. ...
- Cotton Farming. ...
- Wheat Farming. ...
- Rice Farming. ...
- Maize Farming. ...
- Tea Farming. ...
- Coffee Farming. ...
- Beef and Milk Farming.
What are cash crops examples?
Cash crops are grown for direct sale in the market, rather than for family consumption or to feed livestock. Coffee, cocoa, tea, sugarcane, cotton, and spices are some examples of cash crops. Food crops such as rice, wheat, and corn are also grown as cash crops to meet the global food demand.
- What are the 7 character traits?
- Is peanut considered a meat?
- What is a hopper on a truck?
- Does California have a right to repair law?
- What happens if silage is too dry?
- Do almonds kill bees?
- How do you get rid of a slug infestation?
- How long does it take to gin cotton?
- What is determinate growth habit?
- What are the top businesses in Argentina?
You will be interested
- Can I shoot a crossbow in my yard in Texas?
- What was the coldest day of 2020?
- At what age is Rett syndrome usually diagnosed?
- What happens to stocks in a depression?
- Can you have deer feeders in Mississippi?
- What does a mealworm bite feel like?
- What is a linear irrigation system?
- What's that got to do with anything?
- How do you control CRP?
- How much do ramps sell for?