How long is hay good for?
How heavy is a hay bale?
between 40 and 75 pounds
How much does a 3 string bale of hay cost?
Bale #1 = $ 8.
How many bales of hay can you get from an acre?
How many bales of hay does a cow eat in a day?
Thirty-six pounds of hay is close to one small square bale of hay per day, taking into consideration some waste. Conversely, feeding one large round bale of hay, to two or three steers or cows will last a few weeks.
Will cows stop eating when they are full?
If the nutrient concentration is such that it meets the cow's requirements, cows with unlimited access to this high quality hay, will eat more than they need. Over-eating a forage will likely not hurt the cow, but will increase feed costs.
How many cows can I put on 100 acres?
If a typical stocking rate for native range is 25 acres per animal unit, then 100 acres might support only four animal units, assuming all 100 acres produce grass and are grazable. It is not economically feasible to own a bull for fewer than 10 to 15 cows.
How many cows can I have on 10 acres?
Most farmers use the rule of thumb which states that 1.
Can you leave a bull with cows year round?
The good news is: It is possible to leave bulls with the cows year-round and still maintain a calving season of three months or less.
How long do you leave a bull in with cows?
You should be aiming for 25-42 days. I know one local ranch that does 25 days on their 80 heifers between 2 bulls and those that are bred make the final cut.
When should you put bull in with cows?
At what age are bulls ready to mate?
approximately 12 months
Can you breed a bull back to his daughter?
You can have father-daughter matings in beef cattle, but it is not recommended. This type of breeding practice is called inbreeding or close breeding. Again, this breeding practice is rarely practiced today, although it was common in the foundation animals of most breeds.
Can a 7 month old bull breed a cow?
Yes, a bull that young can breed a heifer.
How many cows can a bull breed in one day?
Top performing bulls will breed 6 to 8 cows per day. With this type of workload, weight loss is unavoidable so bulls should be in adequate condition before breeding begins. Also remember young bulls are still growing and may need extra feed during the breeding season.
- What does precision planting do?
- Could farmers also not add enough nutrients?
- How much does urea cost?
- How many lbs is a 5 gallon bucket of pecans?
- How many soybean seeds should be planted per acre?
- How much do farmers charge per acre?
- How much distillers grain comes from a bushel of corn?
- Why is there a soy shortage?
- Why is fertilizer price going up?
- What do you call a barge owner?
You will be interested
- How much does it cost to plant corn?
- How does the market facilitation program work?
- How much does a used combine cost?
- What are the top 3 healthiest nuts?
- Why is bare soil bad?
- What is the price of rice in 2020?
- What kills russet mite eggs?
- How much does hay sell for?
- How many corn seeds are in a 50 pound bag?
- Why is cotton illegal in Florida?